Inverters are an alternative power source for so many Nigerians, they are mostly used to complement the light generated by electric companies. Choosing the best inverters in Nigeria can sometimes be very difficult especially if you lack the technical experience.
Major inverters can be very disappointing as to the advertised offer, that’s why I would be giving you the 10 best inverters to consider in Nigeria’s market. Without wasting much of the time let’s dive in!
What’s an Inverter?
An inverter is a mechanical appliance used to convert DC Voltage to AC Voltage from a battery source.
Types of Inverters
- Solar Inverters
- Hybrid Inverters
- Grid-Tied Inverters
- Micro Inverters
- Off-Grid Battery Inverters
List of 5 Best Inverters in Nigeria
Here’s the list of the 5 best inverters in Nigeria according to their performance;
1. Sol-Ark Inverters
Sol-Ark Inverters Systems simultaneously manage power to/from Solar, Battery, Grid, Load, and Generator. It’s is simple to install and can be used in Grid-tied, Off-Grid, or Battery Backup solar applications making it the best inverter in Nigeria.
It supports 8000 watts of continuous power for off-grid production and up to 9000 watts of continuous power for on-grid. It is expandable and can grow as your power needs three-phase compatible
Sol-Ark Inverter Features
- Grid-Interactive or Off-Grid capability in the same package – can be used with or without energy storage – add batteries down the line
- Easy and fast to install – no external components (ie. fuses, breakers, combiner box) – all integrated in one unit
- Lightweight – only 77 lbs
- Color touch screen
- Works with the widest variety of 48V battery chemistries – from lead-acid to lithium
- Backup power (even use the Grid as backup!) and support for time-of-use optimization
- Completely pre-wired system – inverter and charge controller included
- Wifi integrated for easy monitoring of system performance
- Integrated DC Disconnect, Auto Gen Start, Critical Loads panel
- Highly efficient – both on-grid and off-grid
- Generator support
- Field-upgradeable software with remote support
- NEMA 1 enclosure for indoor use only
- Fully NEC compliant (N. America) with rapid shutdown
- UL1741SA/Rule 21 and 14H Compliant
Sol-Ark Inverter Price
Sol-Ark Inverter price is about $8,360.00.
2. Skybox Grid-Hybrid Inverter
The SkyBox hybrid inverter grid-tie inverter can be used as a grid-tie inverter with or without a battery. When used with a battery it can be used to enhance the self-supply of solar energy. This is useful when net-metering or grid feed is not available, or not advantageous financially.
This system uses DC coupling for both the solar and the connection to the battery system for greater overall efficiency. The SkyBox uses any commonly available 48 VDC battery bank, any lead type, flooded, AGM, or gel, and many Lithium batteries.
Skybox Grid-Hybrid Inverter Features
- 5,000 W backup power at 120/240 VAC
- Meets CA rule 21 and HI 14H grid connection requirements
- NEMA 3R outdoor rated
- Internal Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) for added safety per NEC 2011: 690.11
- Maximum back feed to array is <8ms
- Monitor and control over the internet using OPTICS RE
- Balance of Systems in one box
- Built-in battery system monitoring
- Inverter operating temperatures of -6 °F to +140 °F (-20 °C to +60 °C).
- Link to Outback power Skybox Specification Sheet
- Link to Outback power Skybox Users Manual
- Link to Outback power Warranty information for the Skybox
Skybox Grid-Hybrid Inverter Price
Skybox Grid-Hybrid Inverter costs $5,999.99.
3. SolarEdge Inverter
The SolarEdge SE7600A-USSRNCB2 hybrid grid-tie inverter has the capability to use energy storage to enhance the self-consumption of solar energy.
This is useful when net-metering or grid feed is not available, or not advantageous financially. This system uses DC coupling for both the solar and the connection to the battery system for greater overall efficiency.
Read Also Top 5 Best Automobile Company in Nigeria
SolarEdge Inverter Price
SolarEdge Inverter cost $3,986.99.
Kindly note that these have been tested and trusted in over 20 homes 6 months before writing this article on best inverters in Nigeria.