The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) on Monday 20th of December 2020 came with an updated guideline for the application of a new driver’s license. The recent guideline on how to apply for drivers license implores applicants to have a National Identity Number (NIN).
You can follow this fast and simple procedure to register for National Identity Number, the national identity slip would be attached to all relevant documents during application.
Documents Needed For The Application Of A Drivers License
- 2 Passport Photograph
- National Identity Slip
- Registered Driving School Certificate
- Learners Permit
How To Apply For Drivers License
You can apply for a drivers license by following the recent guidelines set by the Road Safety Corps;
- Walk into any FRSC office around you
- Obtain the application form and fill out all information accurately
- Attach all Affix necessary documents to the form
- An initial payment of 10,000 would be made directly to the task force officer
- A call or text would be sent to you for capturing, usually 20-25 working days from the application date.
- After capturing a temporary license would be generated (usually on paper)
Read Also How To Renew Drivers License
Initially, NIN was not required in the processing of a driver’s license, not until the recent directive charged by the Federal Road Safety Corps.
Frequently Asked Question on Drivers License
How much does it cost to get a driver’s license?
It cost about N25,000 to get a driver’s license in Nigeria.