Mariam Olusanya is the First Female Managing Director of Guaranty Trust Bank. She assumed this position in July 2021. She is a graduate of Pharmacy from the University of Ibadan and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Liverpool.
She joined GTbank as an executive trainee and rose to the position of general manager until she was appointed executive director in 2018.
Mariam is said to have over 23 years of banking experience across various units, including transaction services, asset, and liability management, financial markets, corporate finance, and investor relations.
Do you Know?
- Miriam Chidiebere Olusanya joined Guaranty Trust Bank in 1998 as an Executive Trainee, after 2 years at SmithKline Beecham Nigeria (now GlaxoSmithKline – GSK)
- Before becoming the Bank’s Chief Dealer in 2003 and Treasurer in 2004, she oversaw the local and international currency trading departments.
- She led the team that convinced the Debt Management Office to appoint the Bank as a Primary Dealer/Market Maker in Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) Bonds in 2006. (DMO).
- She rose through the ranks to become the Bank’s Group Treasurer and Head, Wholesale Banking Division.
- She holds the Professional ACI (Association Cambiste Internationale) Dealing Certification-The Financial Markets Association. She has also attended various courses and Executive programmes at institutions such as the Cranfield School of Management.
Read Also Banks to start charging N6.98 for every USSD transaction
Share your thoughts on Gender parity.
Are women taking over the banking sector in Nigeria?