Just as the world is recovering from the coronavirus pandemic, major technology companies have seen their shares surge higher.
The $1 Trillion USD technology giants also known as GAFA (“Google“, “Apple“, “Facebook“, and “Amazon“) and electric car maker “Tesla” also witnessed growth from Q1-Q4 of 2020 when the world was battling the pandemic.
“Hewlett Packard” (HP), “International Business Machine” (IBM) and hardware producing firms make use of Graphical Processing Unit (GPU), CPU Central Processing Unit (CPU), Random Access Memory, (RAM), Read-Only Memory (ROM) and Bitcoin mining machine make use of “Antminer S70″ which sells for around $9,000 all make use of Semiconductors “Intel” and also the world-famous game GPU manufacturer NVIDIA has GPU and microprocessor that enables it to function
How do microchips work?
Microchip involves “circuitry integration” in a “transponder” and can be embedded in a silicate glass before implantation or insertion in the subject. There have been implants in animals and humans. Military hardware also uses a microchip for its function.
Look around you, every electrical gadget has a microchip embedded for the hardware functionality. Microchip manufacturing is an inevitable and quintessential component of technological science and engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, Bionics, Autonomous Systems (Self-Driving Cars and Aerodromes) has a microchip.
A “gizmo” like the techies would refer to it in their “Silicon Valley” innuendo acknowledges the fact that every algorithmic and binary operation involving “GIGO” (Garbage In Garbage Out) works with a microprocessor also referred to as a microchip.
“Huawei” has remained the world leader in microchip manufacturing for world-class hardware makers like “Microsoft”, “Lenovo” and “Google Chrome Book” where you will find “Intel” chip inside. Global markets with IPO capitalization of over $1 Trillion dollars including the successful innovation of the iPhone series by world-class mobile phone and laptop computer “Apple” has always functioned with chip manufactured by Taiwanese giants “Huawei”.
Taiwan and South Korea being the major semiconductor manufacturer with the specification in the shield, circuiting, conductibility, integration capabilities, durability, stability, and operability where dynamics and optimization is core and imperative to the chip functionality as it typically takes 12 to 16 weeks to manufacture a chip.
What is a chip and why the shortage?
- It is an integrated circuit more recognizable like your RAM, ROM.
- Microchips as the name imply means minute, miniature, infinitesimally and are mostly regarded as shrunken microprocessors into a microchip and
- It can either be analog or digital
- There are three major types of chips that exist Continuous chips, Continuous chips with a built edge, and Discontinuous chips. With the 5G innovation being at its early stage, could this be a setback for major manufacturers requiring Semiconductors to run as well as pose a major warning to the technology manufacturing leaders and electric car maker General Motor which had recently transitioned its car manufacturing line into producing more of electric cars?
Could this also indicate the predominance of game manufacturers like Sony Playstation superseding the need for a microchip as General Motor electric car plant in Seoul, South-Korea production has been abruptly halted since the shortage of microchip began early this year
Taiwanese chips come with a silicon shield. Microchip processing and programming are handled by professional software engineers.
Microchip Technology started in 1987 and is a publicly-listed American corporation that manufactures microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog, and Flash-IP integrated circuits with a net income of $355 billion
Artificial Intelligence as a subset of machine learning would not be achievable without microchip processing, neither would satellite technology nor space exploration have reached this magnitude.
Types of Chips manufactured by Semiconductors Companies
Several kinds of chips produced by Semiconductors companies include:
- Memory Chips, Microprocessors. Graphic Processing Units (GPUs)
- Standard Chips (Commodity ICs)
- Analog Chips
- Mixed Circuit Semiconductors.
5 Facts about microchips
- A Microchip is not a GPS
- A microchip does not store any of your information
- Not all microchips are scanners
- microchips are registrable
- microchips and compressed microprocessors
Read Also Getting Along Your Go-To Careers In Tech
With the advancement in Artificial Intelligence and Neural Network, Deep Learning and Convolutional layers for perceptron development. AI Engineers requiring microchips to develop and deploy their model for robotics and automation, the world demand for Semiconductors would predictively increase by 2050 and there might have to be recycling or alternative for microchips just like plastic recycling.